Have you ever wanted to make your own bow ties? Well, now you can with this step-by-step guide! Whether you’re looking to add a personal touch to your outfit or want to create a unique gift for someone special, making your own bow ties is a fun and easy project. Plus, it’s a great way to use up fabric scraps. So, grab your supplies and let’s get started!
Butterfly Bow Tie
A bow tie is the perfect accessory to add a touch of style to any outfit. They can be worn for work, for a special occasion, or just for fun. Making your own bow tie is a great way to add a personal touch to your wardrobe.
There are two main types of bow ties: butterfly and batwing. Butterfly bow ties are the most popular type. They are made with two pieces of fabric that are sewn together in the middle, forming a V shape. The ends of the fabric are then looped around and tied in the back.
Batwing bow ties are made with one piece of fabric that is folded in half lengthwise. The ends are then sewn together and looped around, similar to the butterfly style.
To make a butterfly bow tie, you will need:
-2 pieces of fabric (each 10″ x 4″)
-Sewing machine (or needle and thread)
1) Cut your fabric into two rectangles, each measuring 10″ x 4″. Fold each rectangle in half lengthwise so that it measures 5″ x 4″. Press with an iron.
2) Sew along the long side of each rectangle, using a ½” seam allowance. Be sure to leave the short ends open. 3) Turn each rectangle right side out so that the seam is on the inside. Press with an iron again. 4) Fold each rectangle in
Arrow Edge Bow Tie
Whether you’re a seasoned bow tie aficionado or just getting started, this guide will show you how to make a arrow edge bow tie. This particular style of bow tie is characterized by its pointed ends, which give it a sharp and sophisticated look.
To start, you’ll need a piece of fabric that is at least 12 inches wide and 54 inches long. If you’re using a print fabric, be sure to orient the print so that it will be visible when the bow tie is worn. Fold the fabric in half lengthwise with the wrong side facing out, and press to crease.
Next, use a rotary cutter or scissors to cut 2-inch strips from the long edges of the fabric, stopping about 1 inch from the crease. You should now have four strips of fabric that are each 2 inches wide and 53 inches long.
Take two of the strips and fold them in half lengthwise so that they are now 1 inch wide and 53 inches long. Press to crease, then open up the strips and press each long edge in towards the center crease. Fold in half again along the original crease line and press once more. Repeat this process with the remaining two strips of fabric.
Now it’s time to start assembling your bow tie! Take one of the folded strips and form it into a loop, holding it so that the raw edges are aligned. Take another strip and thread
Classic Bow Tie
There are many different ways to make a bow tie, but the classic bow tie is definitely the most popular. This style of bow tie is made with two pieces of fabric that are sewn together at the center and then tied around the neck.
To make a classic bow tie, you will need:
-Two pieces of fabric (preferably silk)
-A needle and thread
1. Cut your two pieces of fabric into equal rectangles. The size will depend on how big you want your bow tie to be.
2. Sew the two pieces of fabric together at the center using a needle and thread.
3. Fold one side of the fabric over to create a loop. Do the same with the other side of the fabric.
4. Tie the loops together in a knot at the center. Your classic bow tie is now complete!
Self Knot Bow Tie
Self-tying bow ties are a stylish and sophisticated accessory that can really make a outfit pop. They are also surprisingly easy to make!
All you need is a strip of fabric about 18 inches long and 2.5 inches wide, plus a little bit of thread and needle. Follow these simple instructions and you’ll have a self-tying bow tie in no time:
1. Fold the strip of fabric in half lengthwise and sew the two long edges together with a running stitch.
2. Turn the tube of fabric inside out so that the seam is on the inside.
3. Make a small mark at the center of one end of the tube with a pencil or chalk. This will be your starting point.
4. From the starting point, measure 1 inch to the side and make another mark. Then, measure 1/2 inch above that mark and make another mark (this will be your first “petal”). Continue making petals around the center point until you have made six petals total.
5. Cut a small slit at each petal mark, being careful not to cut into the tube itself. You should now have six slits evenly spaced around the tube.
6. Gently push each petal outward so that they fan out like the petals of a flower (this step is optional, but it will give your bow tie a more finished look).
7. Tie a knot at the center of the tube, cinching it tight so that the petals fan out.
8. Trim the ends of the tube so that they are even with the ends of the petals.
Making your own bow tie is a simple process that can be done in just a few minutes. With a little bit of fabric and some basic sewing supplies, you can create a custom bow tie that is unique and stylish. Whether you are looking for a new accessory for yourself or as a gift for someone special, follow these steps to make your own bow tie.
9. Your self-tying bow tie is now complete! Put it on and adjust it to fit snugly around your neck.